Typography final compilation and reflection

Week 1(28/08/19) - Week 14(27/11/19)
Alfie Koh Chen Fong (0340310)
Typography
Final Compilation and Reflection

INSTRUCTION


SUBMISSION 

Lettering

IMG 1.01 Final outcome of  digitized lettering (Unstable)

IMG 1.02 Final outcome of lettering animation - GIF (Unstable)


Type Expression

IMG 1.03 Final outcome of type expression (JPEG)




IMG 1.04 Pdf of type expression


IMG 1.05 Final outcome of type expression - GIF (Explode)



Project 1 - Text Formatting and Expression

IMG 1.06 Final outcome of  Project 1 (JPEG)




IMG 1.07 Final outcome of Project 1 (PDF)



Project 2 - Font Design

IMG 1.08 Final 15 letters arranged on a baseline

IMG 1.09 Fien first regular on a sentence (JPEG)



IMG 1.10 Fien first regular on a sentence (PDF)


IMG 1.11 Font information of Fien first regular

IMG 1.12 Font infotmation of Fien first regular


IMG 1.13 Fien first on a sentence (PDF) 


Final Project - Expression, Hierarchy and Composition

IMG 1.13 Final outcome of my final project (JPEG)

IMG 1.14 Final outcome of my final project (Framed Poster)


IMG 1.15 Final outcome of my final project (PDF)

IMG 1.16 Animation of my final project (GIF)

EXPERIENCE

My first impression for typography was it will be very interesting and easy. Through these weeks learning this module, the process was really hard for me, the quality of works required by lecturers are quite high, my work always rejected by lecturer, this make me felt stress. But at the end for the week, I think I earn a lot from my lecturer, not only the techniques in design something, is the attitude facing a problem. Our lecturers make us keep improving ourselves. Honestly, typography's lecturers are the best lecturer I think, they are not only judging us, they teached us how to improve. For example, the composition of my blog is messy, I know it but I never fix it, but our lecturers keep reminding us to improve our blog. Even though the amount of students in this class is huge, they still criticize and give feedback for one by one. This show how they care about our works.


OBSERVATION

I am not a person that care about how my works are. This class really changed me and make me improved a lot in my attitude. I start thinking how can I improve my work now. I start analyzing the typeface at the surroundings. I critic at some typeface, kerning, even the readability. Through this environment, My attitude and techniques improving faster.


FINDINGS

This module really make me fell tired, I spend a lot of time in this module's work. I can say the process was suffering but it still interesting. This module make me exhausted every week, but when I submit my work or my work accepted by lecturers, the feeling is very satisfying. This module really describe the meaning of no pain no gain.

Comments

Popular Posts