Visual Communication

 

23/08/2021(Week 1) - 24/11/2021(Week 14)
Alfie Koh Chen Fong 0340310 
Visual Communication

INSTRUCTION



Visual Communication is a free elective module I chose to enhance my design skill and design thinking. Below are the task completed during this module.

Task 1
For task 1, we are assigned to choose any brand we are interested in, using Adobe Illustrator to trace its product and come out with a vector style of poster design. I choose Chatto and come out with  a product tracing by following one of its bubble tea image. (Fig 1.01)

Fig 1.01 Chatto bubble tea


Below is the final outcome of the product tracing.


After came out with a product vector, I move on to brainstorm some sketches for the poster design. Since Chatto is inspired by Japan, I try to add in some elements like nature, sun, Fuji mountain which are related to Japanese culture. Below are the sketches. (Fig 1.02-1.06)

Fig 1.02 Sketch 1

Fig 1.03 Sketch 2

Fig 1.04 Sketch 3

Fig 1.05 Sketch 4

Fig 1.06 Sketch 5

The lecturer asks me to go for Sketch 5(Fig 1.06). Below is the final outcome of the poster design.


Task 2
For the second task, we need to choose a type of magazine and find a HD image to come out with a magazine cover. We need to use Adobe Photoshop to complete this task. Hence, I choose a sport type of magazine and decide to come out with a magazine cover about ski. Below is the HD image I found. (Fig 1.07)

Fig 1.07 Ski image

For design purposes, I cropped the character from this image. (Fig 1.08)

Fig 1.08 Cropped image


I decided on some of the information that can be included in the magazine cover. Here are some drafts design. (Fig 1.09 - Fig 1.12)

Fig 1.09 Draft 1

Fig 1.10 Draft 2

Fig 1.11 Draft 3

Fig 1.12 Draft 4

According to the feedback given by the lecturer, I come out with the final magazine cover. Below is the final outcome. (Fig 1.13)

Fig 1.13 Final outcome of Task 2

Final Task
For the final task, we are required to choose a type of magazine and come out with a 2 pages magazine design. We need to find an article that is related to the topic and design it in Adobe Indesign. I decide to do a music genre of the magazine. The title will relate to music emotion by adding some emotional images to enhance the emotional feeling. Below is the final outcome.


Comments

Popular Posts