Motion Graphic & Compositing - Final Project


02/04/2021(Week 1) - 01/07/2021(Week 14)
Alfie Koh Chen Fong 0340310
Motion Graphic & Compositing
Final Project


 



Week 12(17/06/2021)
For the Final Project, we need to create an abstract motion graphic video with a 2D/3D, mix media, or any experimental visual output based on a theme. For this project, I decided to reflect on something from my life. In this generation, there is a lot of fake and negative information spreading through the internet, I feel annoyed by this situation and decide to use this as the theme for my final project.

I created a proposal that includes the inspiration, sketches, references, progression and etc. Below is the proposal.



Below are the inspiration, sketches, and storyboards.(Fig 1.01-1.04)

Inspiration Video



Fig 1.01 Sketches 1

Fig 1.02 Sketches 2

Fig 1.03 Storyboard 1

Fig 1.04 Storyboard 2

I also did a rough animatic to let the lecturer has a better understanding on my idea.

 
Animatic of Final Project

I prepared some progression to let the lecturer see also.

Glode animation

Galaxy animation

Scene 1 draft

Scene 1 + Scene 2 draft

In this final project, I learned how to add an expression for the keyframe to create a wiggle effect for the iPad scene, below is the step I noted down.(Fig 1.05)
To apply wiggle expression:
1. alt-click clock, the type in wiggle(20,100) 20 is frequency/speed, 100 is the position 
2. after applying this expression, the layer will keep shaking, cannot set a keyframe 
3. To set a keyframe, apply (slider control) effect, set highlight (20), drag the expression pick whip icon to the slider. then adjust the timing you want.
 
Fig 1.05 Add expression 

I also faced a problem that when I import the forest scene vector, it looks really blur, I figured out that I need to on the Off quality of the fast preview.(Fig 1.06)

Fig 1.06 How to make the vector clear




I showed my proposal to the lecturer, he said overall is fine. However, I need to pay attention to the slogan "Stop Rumors". He thinks it is difficult to persuade this concept to the audience without any narration. He suggested me to find another slogan that is more easier and suitable.

Hence, I searched some of the websites that is related to positive and online. I found this website:

Fig 1.07 Additional idea

I took one of the points which are "Talk about what you see" and change it to "Spread about what you see". 

After figured out the slogan, I move forward to do the final project video. Below are the progression.

Scene 1 + Scene 2 draft 2

To create the movement that the curtain is opening, I use the warp effect to make the curtain curve like a bow. 

Forest scene

Slogan scene


The first draft of Final Project

Week 13(24/06/2021)
I showed my new progress to the lecturer. He gave me some feedback.
1. For the forest scene, try to use the puppet tool to move the elements so it looks alive.
2. Try to apply camera and parent tools to the iPad scene so everything is moving together and looks consistent.
3. When I zooming out the meteorolite, make sure the galaxy also zooms out.
4. For the slogan "Spread about what you see", change "Spread about" to "Believe in" so it gives a more ending feeling.
5. Add sound effects for my video in Adobe Premiere Pro.

From this feedbacks, I come out with the final outcome of the final project.
 
The final outcome of Final Project

Comments

Popular Posts