Information Design- Individual Project


Week 1(07/01/2020)- Week 7(18/02/2020)
Alfie Koh Chen Fong (0340310)
Information Design
Individual Project

INSTRUCTION 

 




LECTURE
Project 1

After presenation for flip 3, Ms Anis briefed about Project 1. For this projects, we need to choose a food a create an infographic to teach the reader how to cook the food. Our infographic should created base on Manual Lima's 9 Manifesto and L.A.T.C.H. Lecturer suggested we should let the reader understand even can cook the food follow the steps we show. After that, we need to create an animation base on the poster.

After thinking, I decided to choose one of my favourite foods which is Japanese dumpling.
 I referenced to some posters to see how to make my poster better in arrangement and show the "Japanese style". (Fig 1.01-1.02)

Some notes and sketching


Fig 1.01 One of the references

Fig 1.02 Reference for Japanese style

Initially, I used matcha green as my background to show the Japanese natural style and the main symbolic of Japanese which is sun.(Fig 1.03) After that, I started adding some ingredients also the words of Japanese dumpling using a Japanese style font inside a book.(Fig 1.04) Steps and more details included inside my poster, the hardest part is the minced ingredients.I place a big Japanese dumpling to grab the attention of reader and emphasise my topic. (Fig 1.05-1.06) Finally, I added some details on the book and finish my work.(Fig 1.07)

Fig 1.03 The first step of my poster
Fig 1.04 Adding some ingredients and the title

Fig 1.05 Including steps and more details

Fig 1.06 Show a big final outcome of Japanese
dumplings to grab the attention of reader
Fig 1.07 Final outcome







For the animation, I decided to make a scene by scene animation. Most of the background are pure colors because I think that Japanese style is simple and clear. To make it more Japanese look, I included some elements such as sun, ninja weapon.(Fig 1.08-1.09) I used Japanese calligraphy as the fontl.(Fig 1.11) For the slicing moment I was reference to a game called fruit ninja.(Fig1.12)I think pure color and simple transition is the best way to make a Japanese look. For the last step I need to include a background music, it is quite hard to find a free music that match to my animation.
Luckily I found a bass guitar music which is very light so that I can motivate my audiences' interest to keep watching.
Fig 1.08 Title is inside Sun which is the main symbol of Japan 

Fig 1.09 Japanese Ninja's weapon as the transition

Fig 1.10 Seperated ingredients to 4 parts

Fig 1.11 Japanese style calligraphy

Fig 1.12 Slicing moment which I reference to a game called fruit ninja

Fig 1.13 Final scene



Comments

Popular Posts