DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY & IMAGING EXERCISES






Week 1 (27/09/19) - Week 6 (01/10/19)

Alfie Koh Chen Fong(0340310)
Digital Photography & Imaging

Exercises


INSTRUCTION 



Week 1(27/08/19): Hearst Mansion

EXERCISE


At the first class,our lecturers Mr Jeffery who is a very funny person asked us to introduce ourself.He is one of the funniest lecturers of my BDCM course and he gave a lot of different feedbacks to different introductions of my classmates.


It's was awful that I am the only one who doesn't use English very well. He started the class with introduce some shortcut key of the iMac,but I am a newbie in iMac so it's quite hard to understand what was he talking about. I only remember that he told us the shortcut key of screen shot is command+3+shift.Even my computer I also don't know how to screenshot LOL.


 For the first week's exercises, he taught us how to use photoshop.I remembered that my secondary school teachers taught me how to use it,so I can handle it as fast as I can. 



IMG1.01 SHAZAM

IMG1.02 Hearst Mansion


Lecturers taught us how to select the image with selection tools to drag the Shazam(IMG1.01)into the Hearst Mansion(IMG1.02).
They also taught us how to match the color and make the shadow of Shazam.It is very interesting to match Shazam into another environment.(IMG1.03)



IMG 1.03 I put Shazam into the hearst mansion !




Also,Lecturers asked us to do an exercise which is we need to put ourself inside the hearst mansion.
So I choose this photo which is me with my lovely girlfriend haha.(IMG1.04)
IMG 1.04 Me with my lovely girlfriend


This is the completed work. But i think i doesn't edit very well.(IMG1.05)


IMG 1.05 Me in a hearst mansion

FEEDBACK

Mr Jeffrey said I need to adjust my brightness accurately to match me with the background.




Week 2(03/09/19): Masking, match color, transparency and blending mode

EXERCISE


At the second week,Mr Jeffrey reminded us what we did in first week.The exercise for this week is to combined different pictures in one.We need to combined these picture.(IMG 2.01-2.03)



IMG 2.01 Night sky


IMG 2.02 House


IMG 2.03 Ghost bride


Firstly, we used selection tools to drag the house into another picture so Mr Jeffrey taught us how to use lasso tools. It's very useful to select this kind of picture. The skills we were used are masking, match color, tuning hue and saturation,opacity and etc.


So this is the completed work for today's in-class-exercise.(IMG 2.04)

IMG 2.04 The ghost doesn't really obvious


For the second exercise we need to combine the house and a sunset picture.This is my completed second exercise.(IMG 2.05-2.07)

IMG 2.05 House
IMG 2.06 Sunset



IMG 2.07 Completed work



FEEDBACK

No feedback is given by lecturers.






Week 3(08/09/19):Recoloring 

This week Mr Jeffrey told us with some information about RGB mode and CMYK mode, he told us RGB mode is for the digital screen and CMYK mode is for printing purpose. So we need to save our images properly.He also told us that RGB should be tuned to R(0) G(0) B(0) if we need black color. 


This week's exercise we need to recolor  a black and white  photo (IMG 3.01).Firstly,We need to select the are we wan to recolor ,color it and create a mask.After that, we can change the effect to success the porpose.

IMG 3.01 Black and white portrait



IMG 3.02 After recoloring


This is the picture after recoloring.(IMG 3.02)

Mr Jeffrey also assign an exercise which is we need to choose one black and white portrait and recolor it.So i found a man's portrait from google to recolor it.(IMG  3.03)


IMG 3.03 Black and white portrait


IMG 3.04 After recoloring portrait

FEEDBACK

Mr Jeffrey said my hue and saturation still need adjust a little bit.





Week 4(17/09/19):Changing Texture


This week our lecturers taught us how to match a thing into some kind of texture.We were asked to match an Indian flag into a cloth.(IMG 4.01-4.02)
IMG 4.01 Flag


IMG 4.02 Texture of cloth


 First,we need to disaturate the cloth and save it with the name flag replacement.After that,we opened the origanal flag and cloth images.We put the flag on the cloth and clicked displace which is base on the filter.We displace the flag replacement image with about 5 pixels.(IMG 4.03)Lecturer told us the higher pixels,the more distorted the flag you look.


IMG 4.03 After changing the texture


We also did second exercise for displacement which is displace a snake skin on a portrait.
(IMG 4.04-4.05)


IMG 4.04 Skin of snake



IMG 4.05 Portrait


This is the completed work.(IMG 4.06)

IMG 4.06 The snake guy
                                                                   

This week's assignment we need to do a "hybird animal" replacement exercise.
I choose my favourite animal.(IMG 4.07)I wanted to replace it with zebra's skin.(IMG 4.08)


IMG 4.07 Penguin


IMG 4.08 Skin of zebra



This is the final work.I am glad that lecturers like it.(IMG 4.09)

IMG 4.09 Penguin with zebra skin



FEEDBACK

Mr Jeffrey said this is nice and cute. But some parts of penguin still need to edit correctly.

Week 5(24/09/19):Recreating masterpiece

EXERCISE


This week's exercise we need to recreate a masterpiece(IMG 5.01)with our own texture and generated images in HD portrait (1080 x 1920 @ 72 dpi).




IMG 5.01 A masterpiece which is a flying castle

I google some elements we can find in this masterpiece which are rock,castle,ocean and sky.
(IMG 5.02-5.04)



IMG 5.02 Sea


IMG 5.03 Flying rock


IMG 5.04 Castle

To create this masterpiece,we need to use the skills which were taught by our lecturers.
This is the completed work.(IMG 5.05)

IMG 5.05 Fliying castle above the sea

FEEDBACK

Mr Jeffrey and Mr Martin said that is nice, but I still need to improve my shadow which is on the sea.
Also the light source is important to know where should I put the shadow.










Comments

Popular Posts