Design Research Dissertation- Visual Publication

 


08/10/2020 - 29/10/2020(Week 7-Week 10)
Alfie Koh Chen Fong (0340310)
Design Research Dissertation
Visual Publication

INSTRUCTION

Visual Publication

Week 7(08/10/2020)
We were tasked to prepare a mood board for our next project which is visual publication. The mood board should include the typography, colour choices, inspirations, idea of sketches for the visual design. Below is my first draft mood board which only include some inspirations.

 
The first draft of mood board

Week 8(15/10/2020) 
There is no class this week due to mid-term holiday. However, I proceed to do my mood board by deciding the typography and colour choices. I also did some sketches for my cover page and layout design. Below is the final mood board. 

Final mood board for visual publication

Week 9(22/10/2020) 
Below is the first draft of the visual design.

The first draft of visual design


I was suggested to look into the design of some Typographers who are David Carson, Neville Brody and Paula Scher, look into the rhythm, movement, colour etc. My choice of the typography looks similar, it is better to have a contrast between them. Try to search more about the graphical elements that are related to sound. Below is the second draft of my visual design.

The second draft of visual design

Week 10(29/10/2020)
There is no class this week, I continued to finish my visual design. Below is the third draft of visual design.

The third draft of visual design

Week 11(05/11/2020)

For the visual design, some of the suggestion was given from the lecturer, I tried to apply that suggestion into my visual design. I was told that my layout looks dull. I finished my visual design following the feedback and converted to an e-book. Feedback of the dissertation draft was given by the lecturer, I made a copy of the dissertation draft and edited the dissertation draft following the feedback. Also, I upload the pdf file to the TIMES for plagiarism check. Other than that, I continued to do my journal publication. Below is the final visual design.


Final visual design

Week 12(12/11/2020)
There are some problems on my dissertation after checked in Turnitin. I was tasked to edit some of the content. Below is the final visual design for submission.

Final visual design for submission

This is the link of the e-book version. https://online.fliphtml5.com/wgbkh/stda/

Comments

Popular Posts